Home Remedies for Bronchitis :
It’s been 6 years that we brought our little angle home from the nursery at hospital. Yes, she was born as a premature baby weighing 1 kg only.
As evident as it may appear to be, she had frequent running nose, sore throat, sneezing, mild fever etc.. which doesn’t used to go away, unless treated with medications.
When she was 3 years old, doctor informed us that she is suffering from bronchitis. And each time the medications would continue for 12-15 days. Fed up of the recurrence, I tried the below mentioned home remedies for bronchitis and luckily they worked very well for my child even better then medications:
1. Gargles : warm water with a pinch of salt. If the child finds it difficult to do it, he / she may drink this warm water with a bit of added salt.
2. Basil leaves : simply chewing a leaf or two provides instant relief especially for sore throat. It is not only a cure, it can also be used as an effective precaution against such infections.
3. Steam : children are generally resistant to it. I used to narrate an interesting story to my child while sitting in front of the steamer. As little as 5 minutes of steam can work wonders.
4. Turmeric milk : add a pinch of turmeric powder to milk during boiling. Serve warm and you would get to know the magical effects of turmeric.
5. Massaging the child with warm mustard oil before going to sleep relieves a lot. Apply oil nicely on chest and neck. It also ensures a good sound sleep which children otherwise rarely get during bronchitis.
6. Add a pinch of licorice ( mulethi) powder to milk during boiling. It is an age old effective ingredient.
7. A spoonful Ginger juice with few drops of honey to be consumed by child once a day.
8. Increase the intake of fluids especially the warm liquids as they help push mucus out of the lungs.
Thank you for reading. Try out these remedies and share your comments. Let’s get our children rid of medications by adopting these natural ways.